- Salary: After Interview
- City: Sharjah
- Industry: Oil/Gas/Petroleum
- Career: Mid Career
- Job Type: Full Time
- Gender: Male
- Listed: September 7, 2017 10:42 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Job Title : Lead Project Engineer (Automation)
Reports to : Project Manager
Position : Full Time
Location : Pakistan (should be willing to travel around whole country)
The successful candidate will be responsible for technical support and on-site service in the assigned domestic/international territories serviced by the company. Service activities include: Technical support via phone or email, instrumentation startup, configuration, commissioning and documentation, trouble shooting, and installation review. Perform calibration and technical training for customers and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Answer technical questions and resolve technical issues for customers and projects team.
• Assist customers with the operation and maintenance of products and systems supplied by the company.
• Provide on-site field support to customers including installation, servicing, testing, troubleshooting, and repairing of systems and equipment.
• Perform repairs, calibration, testing, troubleshooting and maintenance on instrumentation in a safe, timely, and cost effective manner;
• Perform testing of the final product and work with the client’s engineers to assure that the product performs as planned.
• Work with projects/engineering teams to read and interpret plans, schematics, process control flow diagrams, system/network drawing, detail drawings and wiring diagrams.
• Acts as a liaison with customers on technical matters
• Responsible for the mechanical and electronic integration of packaged systems supplied by the company on strategic projects.
• Mobilize field commissioning activities for supervising installation, start-up, commissioning and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) including obtain customer acceptance certificate of our products/ packaged systems shipped.
• Organize and conduct technical product trainings as needed.
• Perform product analysis and prepares reports on problem trends and issues.
• Operate and maintain special process calibrators and software configuration tools required for calibration, configuration, troubleshooting and commissioning activities.
• Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Technical Certification with 5-10 years of experience working directly with process control, instrumentation and electrical equipment’s.
• Experience with equipment installation & commissioning of process instrumentation and control
• Ability to read and interpret documents P&ID, PFDs and installation/hook up drawings.
• Experience working with engineering principles and practices
• Electrical, mechanical and industrial controls troubleshooting experience.
• Ability to write detailed reports as well as good verbal communication.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong troubleshooting, problem solving skills, and solid mechanical and analytical aptitude are required.
• Comfortable learning and understanding operational principles of the Instrumentation to be serviced, maintained or repaired, and explain it to the customer
• Eager to learn new software programs, instrumentation configuration, and new technologies.
• Ability to work with computers, electronics, and digital communications
• Computer skills with knowledge of MS Word / Excel , Outlook, Skype and networking
• Must be customer and detail oriented
• Must be capable of presenting dynamic, engaging presentations
• Must have good Interpersonal skills to work with customers and other unit personnel
• Ability to adapt to different cultures
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• High level of professionalism, integrity and loyalty
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Travel Required, Approximately 30% (may include some weekends), domestic and international.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license in both UAE & home country
RECOMMENDED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Prior experience on gas metering skids in a gas plant, refinery, pipeline or oilfield application;
• Sound understanding of electrical and field instrumentation equipment viz. pressure, temperature, flow, level transmitters and/or process analyzers viz. GC, Moisture, flow computers etc.
• Ability to complete integration of these field devices with PLC, DCS or SCADA plant control systems when required.
• Previous experience with communication and integration with AGA/API compliant flow computers, PLC’s, SCADA, DCS, and other control systems;
• Strong computer skills, including networking, database management with HMI
• Knowledge of the industrial communication protocols HART, MODBUS, FIELDBUS, TCP/IP etc.
449 total views, 1 today