- Salary: After Interview
- City: Abu Dhabi
- Industry: Education
- Career: Unspecified
- Job Type: Full Time
- Gender: Any
- Listed: March 13, 2017 4:42 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
mention in subject line: lab assistant
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Overall responsibility for all computer engineering, networking and physics labs including design, implementation, operation and ongoing maintenance.
• Knowledge and experience with the overall operation and maintenance of all physics-related and engineering-related laboratories and activities including networking and electronics labs.
• Responsible specifically for such lab components as the Oscilloscope, Digital Multi-meter, Function Generator, DC Power Supply, Breadboard, ST8602 with power supply cord, Connecting Cords, Cathode Ray Oscilloscope, Multimeter and other equipment.
• Maintenance of all teaching laboratories; preparation and distribution of all laboratory materials and equipment; ordering of all materials for teaching laboratories; overseeing maintenance of laboratory equipment; assuring compliance with UAE and AAU regulations in the handling and disposal of laboratory materials; and supervision of student workers.
• Manage lab operations including exam management, as well as safety aspects.
Qualifications and Skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Well-rounded knowledge in all aspects of engineering and physics
• Excellent problem solving and time management skills
• Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge
• Knowledge of electronic equipment, computer hardware and software
• Proficient in Lab View modeling and Matlab programming
• Thorough knowledge of laboratory safety
• Excellent organization and communications skills, demonstrated success at taking steps to proactively understand and meet the needs of clients
• Ability to work collegially with a diverse community and all constituents.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including days, evenings, and some weekends
393 total views, 1 today