- Salary: After Interview
- City: Abu Dhabi
- Industry: Oil/Gas/Petroleum
- Career: Mid Career
- Job Type: Full Time
- Gender: Male
- Listed: May 10, 2018 4:49 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
JOB TITLE:INSTRUMENT TECHNICIAN
• Carries out routine maintenance, repair, installation and commissioning of electronic, pneumatic, electrical and mechanical works associated with all instrumentation, ESD and control systems
• Leads and directs the work of Instrument Technicians and fitters in carrying out a variety of instrument maintenance tasks.
• Carries out fault finding maintenance and modification on TDC 3000, CCC anti-surge controllers, PLC based ESD systems, Boiler Logics and gas turbine speedtronics.
• Liaises with operations, maintenance and technical department personnel to resolve process and instrument related problems, which require an in-depth knowledge of the process and its control systems.
• Directs and participates in the inspection & testing of completed work ensuring quality & conformity to prescribed standards.
• Ensures company standards, codes of practice and procedures and work permit procedures are complied with.
• Identifies materials and spare parts requirements by the use of SAP computerized system.
• Prepares detailed scheduled maintenance procedures following the completion of minor instrument changes and modifications.
• Supervises the safe and efficient maintenance of plant equipment and personnel in accordance with the agreed and safe procedures.
• Carries out other similar or related tasks such as provides “Call out” service on rote basis or checks required on an urgent basis outside normal working hours.
• The duties involve installation, commissioning, routine planned maintenance, ESD trip testing and repairs to electronic, pneumatic, mechanical, analytical instruments and control systems.
• Performs duties on the control instrumentation and ESD systems of the various Process plants including the oil and gas separation plants, crude oil storage tank farm, offshore crude oil loading facilities, flare automatic ignition systems, gas turbine control systems, desalination, boiler control systems and instrument air compressors.
• Independently evaluates, diagnoses, and rectifies faults on complex electronic and pneumatic instrumentation and control systems, having due regard to the possible safety and process shutdown considerations.
• Checks and evaluates information obtained from technical manuals and engineering drawings. Analyses problems using circuit diagrams and wiring drawings.
• Provides theoretical and practical instrument training for less experienced personnel, including Junior UAE Nationals, technicians and fitters.
• Participates in the Competency Assurance programme.
• Secondary Technical Certificate, plus 2 years of formal training in electrical, electronic, or instrumentation technology related to control systems.
• 6 years experience in the operation and maintenance of pneumatic and electronic instrumentation. This should include DCS (TDC 3000), PLC, Machine monitoring systems, CCC anti-surge, BMS (Boiler Management Systems) and speedtronics,
• Must be capable of working independently to analyze and rectify faults on complex electronic and pneumatic instrumentation.
• Shall have a reasonable knowledge of hazardous area classification concepts and certified electrical apparatus.
• Shall be proficient at reading and understanding P & I diagrams, wiring, logic and cause & effect drawings.
• Good knowledge of spoken and written English, with capability of writing technical reports.
658 total views, 1 today